Chances are, when you’re considering hiring seasonal or temporary employees, you need them in a pinch during an extremely busy period in your industry. While you may consider having your HR Department process the hires to save a few dollars, there might be a huge headache waiting in the wings during an already stressful and hectic time for your workplace.
Let’s say you need a bundle of temporary workers on short notice. Whether this is something you do often or just once in a while, there’s still a ton of work that goes into it. Your HR Department will need to:
- Develop and post job descriptions
- Determine pricing and benefit options
- Recruit via agencies, referrals, and ads
- Interview candidates and select them for hire
- Process background checks, drug screens, and reference checks
- Train new employees
- Process weekly payroll and benefits
- Manage employee issues, concerns, and workers’ compensation
Whew! That’s a lot of tasks on your HR Department’s plate, and a lot of different relationships to manage. Throw some diversity hiring into the mix, and it’s not only overwhelming — it’s not cost effective. Streamline those relationships down to one by letting a staffing agency do the work for you.
So, the benefits? You can take a deep breath knowing that your staffing needs are taken care of, your HR Department doesn’t get overwhelmed, and you’re left free to focus on your strength: the business.
Want more resources? Check out this article on the benefits of hiring temporary workers. You’ll be glad you did — and so will HR.